To lift up one thing, lift up the adjoining.
Something there is that doesn't love a wall,— Robert Frost, "Mending Wall"
That wants it down
Everyone knows there is no fineness or accuracy of suppression. If you hold down one thing, you hold down the adjoining.— Saul Bellow, The Adventures of Augie March
[N]either the term Orient nor the concept of the West has any ontological stability; each is made up of human effort, partly affirmation, partly identification of the Other.— Edward Said, Orientalism (25th Anniversary Edition)
Beer is proof God loves us, and wants us to be happy— Benjamin Franklin
Because the world is not a floating sequence of unfortunate events; it's an edifice with foundations, load-bearing walls, plumbing, wiring, ductwork; and in order to renovate, you need to study those structures.— Kai Chang
— Woody Guthrie
- Beat fascism.
- Love everybody.
- Make up your mind.
- Wake up and fight.
- reptiglo: Waxy Monkey Frog FB by email@example.com on...
- Yet another exchange hacked: Poloniex loses around $50,000 in bitcoin
- Nostalgiablivion: Morrowind’s First Quests In Skywind
- Ancient Relics: Homeworld HD Is Now Homeworld Remastered
- So Funny It Hurts
- Ikea distillery design
- Scientist-devised crypto attack could one day steal secret Bitcoin keys
- Forget Stanley Kubrick, Here’s A Truck Movie
- The Case For Making Columbo America’s Doctor Who
- annathecrow: medievalpoc: fireami: medievalpoc: Hey, does anyone read Czech? Apparently this...
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
29th middlesex 2008 election abortion ada lovelace day all politics is local atheism bad faith barack obama big 10/20 barley wine birthers boston bottling brewing equipment child's play chris mooney cnn constitution content-free dangers of exceptionalism dark roast coffee porter duke nukem forever education extract recipe facebook gentrification george tiller good causes grove street amber grove street brown grove street honey wheat grove street pilsener h2otown health care heavy-duty nerdery hillary clinton hilzoy homophobia internecine squabbling in which I am not a poet jeff fecke jon hecht josh weisbuch julia fahey linkery local media lou dobbs mash tun media metablog music neko case nimby nouning obameter our impoverished discourse pax penny arcade personal presidential campaign pz myers racism rape culture red sox religion roman polanski rule of law Science sexism shakesville sheril kirshenbaum steve corbett structural bias torture video games words mean things
All Posts and Pages ©2010 Scott Madin under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.